Wednesday 29 January 2014

Some Things I Missed from 2013

It happens every year, you think you’ve covered all your bases with your end of the year list and then a few weeks into the New Year you hear a bunch of stuff that totally shakes up the list. This year was no different. Check out some awesome tracks and albums that I stupidly passed over in 2013.

Together PANGEA – “Snakedog”

Holy rock and roll! Hives-esque riffage with an explosive group-sung chorus gets the head bobbing and the foot tapping. March 28th Media Club, someone come with me.



Lucius – Wildewoman

This was an album I made the conscious decision to skip over when I heard one of the tracks earlier in 2013. What an idiotic choice that was! This is great folk rock with some cool melodies and percussion breakdowns. February 10th Media Club, come out.





Sleepy Sun – “11:32”

This is the B-side track of the Sleepy Sun 7-inch released in 2013 on Dine Alone Records. Excellent psychedelic rock and roll with a driving, deep guitar riff that holds the reverb heavy accents floating over the top of the track together. The lyrics are incomprehensible as per usual. Oh well.



Shad – “Love Means”

I didn’t really skip over this track at all, as it was in my Top 25 for a long time. This track contains the best female rapping of 2013, if not EVER. That’s right, I really like this verse. She goes by the name Eternia. Great feature followed up by some solid lines from Shad matching his stellar lyrics from the rest of Flying Colours.





No comments:

Post a Comment